Tuesday, April 17, 2012

You know you are a boys mom when...

you have your very own dirt bike- yes I said DIRT BIKE!!  Of course I have a pink jersey and helmet to remind my boys that their mom is a girl:)  Sometimes I think they and Wess forget there is a girl living in the house.  I get no sympathy for being deathly afraid of snakes, not being able to catch anymore with McKay because he throws too hard, preferring to use a toilet rather than the great outdoors, and no understanding for how long it takes me to fully fix my hair and makeup.  Of course, sometimes I can't remember the last time I did my hair and put on pretty clothes!  I can't imagine life any different, except maybe the dirt bikes.  The other day the boys went "snake hunting" and I almost broke into tears over the idea of snakes in a trash bag in my backyard.  They looked at me like I was from another planet, and truly did not understand my fear, nor did I understand their fascination with such an evil animal!!  They asked me if I would be happy if they found one, and I almost ruined the whole experience by answering "NO".  Thankfully, I stopped myself and said I would be happy because I knew it would make them happy, but it was not easy for me to respond that way.  God blessed me, because they did not catch a single snake:)  Despite their empty trash bag, Wess said the hunt was a blast!  I feel so privileged to raise these 3 precious boys.  Daily I am reminded how different they are than me, but how important my role is in teaching them the fruits of the spirit- love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control.

You know you are a boys mom when... you have eye black and big league chew in your purse, you get depressed when you don't have a baseball game, you make bacon and biscuits every morning for breakfast, catching lizards is a daily activity, you picture a baseball diamond in your backyard, and even a dirt bike sounds fun!

2 comments:

  1. I'm never showing my boys this video because they'll want to leave our family and be a part of yours... looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dirt bikes look like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete