Monday, January 9, 2012

Amazing Owen

My middle son, Owen, ran 3.5 miles yesterday without stopping!  I am amazed.  He has been running 1 and 2 miles fairly consistently since this past summer.  Wess and Owen have been sharing this together, and often Owen has woken Wess up early in the morning if Wess forgets.  The first time he ran a mile, we were shocked because he had just turned 6 and he acted like he could've run forever!  Yesterday when he ran 3.5 Wess was truly shocked, and said Owen never hesitated or needed to stop.  Even Wess, who is in good shape, was breathing pretty heavily afterwards.  Before their run Wess set him up with an i touch with his favorite praise and worship songs, and as he was belting out the lyrics he seemed to have extra energy as he ran.  I know music helps me run, so why would Owen be any different?  One of Owen's new years resolutions was to "run more", and he is definitely off to a good start!  He wants some new shoes and so we have told him when he runs a total of 20 miles we will buy him some.  I have a feeling we are going to need to increase that number or we will go broke off new shoes.  Way to go Owen- I am so proud of you!!  

2 comments:

  1. That is amazing... way to go, Owen? I didn't know you had a blog until I clicked over on your name. So fun. I'll look forward to your post :)
    And I know I'll be seeing a lot more of you come March!

    ReplyDelete
  2. crazy kid!! He'll be famous one day!!

    ReplyDelete